Penny Fausta is now administering the Pfizer vaccine for Phase 3 & Second Doses.
- All Alberta residents 12 years of age or older for first dose.
- Second dose for anyone who received their first dose in March or April.
- Staring June 28 - second dose for anyone who received their first dose in May.
- Penny Fausta is administering the Pfizer vaccine which is interchangeable with other vaccines. If you received your first dose of AstraZeneca you may get Pfizer for your second dose. If you received your first dose of Pfizer, you may get Pfizer for your second dose. If you received your first dose of Moderna, you may get Pfizer for your second dose if Moderna is not readily available for you. Learn more at the Public Health Agency of Canada or Alberta Health Services.
On-line Appointment booking is now live. Should you require any assistance with booking please contact us at 403 455 6580.
Penny Fausta COVID19 Vaccinations
The COVID-19 vaccine cannot be administered within 14 days of any other vaccination. As well, other vaccines cannot be administered within 28 days of receiving your first or second COVID-19 vaccination dose.
In order to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, you must be asymptomatic and not had a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 14 days.
The COVID-19 vaccination is a two dose vaccine that is 95% effective in preventing COVID-19 when the second dose is administered within the recommended interval.
Due to the limited availability of daily doses, you must contact the pharmacy immediately if you cannot make your scheduled appointment.
What to expect at your appointment with Penny Fausta
At the pharmacy:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- You will be screened for potential Covid 19 infection before being vaccinated
- Please arrive on time, not early
- Penny Fausta has a safe and comfortable waiting area for post-injection. Patients must remain in the store for 15 minutes post-injection to monitor for anaphylactic reactions.
Review post immunization after care guidance instructions:
Individuals who receive COVID-19 vaccination may experience side effects. These reactions are most often mild, develop within 24 hours and could last 24-48 hours.
Side effects may include:
- redness, swelling, or feeling sore where you had the needle
- feeling tired
- fever or chills
- body aches or sore joints
- feeling sick to your stomach (nausea), vomiting (throwing up), or loose stool (diarrhea)
- swollen lymph nodes
Call Health Link at 811 to report any serious or unusual side effects.